Carolina for Kibera (CFK) seeks an energetic and highly motivated, full-time administrator for its US office. TheAdministrative Associate is part of a three-person fundraising team and is responsible for handling a variety of tasks in support of the Director of Operations &Communications and the Development Officer. Major duties including web and social media content creation, fundraising administrative support, fellowship administration and general office and accounting assistance.
November 16, 2018
Carolina for Kibera (CFK) seeks an energetic and highly motivated, full-time administrator for its US office. The Administrative Associate is part of a three-person fundraising team and is responsible for handling a variety of tasks in support of the Director of Operations & Communications and the Development Officer. Major duties including web and social media content creation, fundraising administrative support, fellowship administration and general office and accounting assistance.
The Administrative Associate reports to the Director of Operations & Communications. CFK’s US office is located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Communications Administrative Support
· Creates content for the annual report, newsletters, and other annual fund communications
· Creates content for social media posts, working collaboratively with CFK-Kenya
· Provides copy editing for foundation and major gift proposals
· Updates the website
· Assists with gathering impact stories and data from CFK-Kenya staff
Fundraising Administrative Support
· Processes all incoming gifts and maintains tracking information in CFK’s relational database
· Prepares and sends acknowledgement notes to donors
· Manages the content on online giving platforms sites
· Prepares donor reports and prospect research information
· Manages the Peacock Fellowship application process
· Manages mailing lists, both for electronic listservs and U.S. mail
· Manages the administration of bulk mailing for CFK’s annual report
· Works with CFK-Kenya staff on integrating cloud-based programs into work flow
· Tracks office inventory
· Responds to general email inquiries and to CFK’s main office phone line
· Works with IT support to address any office tech issues
· Maintains cloud-based file organizational system
· Purchases supplies from online and brick-and-mortar vendors
· Manages teleconference appointments and documents important meetings
· Schedules and prepares documents, travel logistics, and other tasks associated with board meetings
· Assists in preparations for an annual audit
· Assists in accounting administration; tracks expenses using Expensify
· Maintains digital and hard copy filesystems
· Provides administrative assistance to the Director of Operations and Communications as needed
· Provides administrative assistance to the Development Officer as needed
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· A minimum of 2 years of working experience in an administrative role
· Experience writing content for social media posts
· Demonstrated experience developing content for communication materials
· Experience working with digital databases; Salesforce and Expensify knowledge a plus
· Knowledge of web CMS; experience with Webflow a plus
· Knowledge of cloud-based file systems; experience with Office 365 a plus
· Strong commitment and passion for the mission, vision, and work of CFK
· Ability to excel in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, diverse, and high-demand office culture
· Excellent writing and cultural communication skills
· Strict attention to details
· International travel experience and work experience abroad a plus
Bachelor's degree required. Preferred degrees include business administration, communications, marketing, public health, social work, non-profit administration, public policy, public health and global studies. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Compensation range for this position is between $40,000-$45,000 and is dependent upon on qualifications and experience. CFK offers a competitive benefit package.
Submit a cover letter and resume via this link.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. The first review will begin on February 7, 2019. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please direct any questions regarding the application process to Andrew Sullivan at email@example.com.
ABOUT CAROLINA FOR KIBERA
Established in 2001, Carolina for Kibera (CFK) is a development and research organization promoting youth leadership, affordable healthcare, education, and good ethnic and gender relations in one of the world’s largest informal settlements, Kibera, Kenya. CFK facilitates community development through a globally renowned model of participatory development. CFK is a major affiliated entity of the University of NorthCarolina at Chapel Hill and partner with the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention.